The Transfer Tax Rate for the City and County of San Francisco, payable upon transfer of Real Property, is calculated as follows:
- More than $100 but less than or equal to $250,000 $5.0 per $1,000 of sales price.
- More than $250,000 but less than $1,000,000 $6.80 per $1,000 of sales price.
- More than $1,000,000 but less than $5,000,000 $7.50 per $1,000 of sales price.
- More than $5,000,000 but less than $10,000,000 $20.00 per $1,000 of sales price.
- Over $10,000,0000 sale is $25.00 per $1,000 of sales price.
In San Francisco, the Seller typically pays the transfer tax. Be sure to calculate transfer tax when considering selling your home.
What should I expect to pay in transfer tax?